Saturday, March 17, 2012

Whimsy...or Just Weird?

Here's is my laundry room deco piece from THIS post.  I DID finish a project.  *Only a month after I started, but whatever.*






The background is an old table cloth of my grandmother's that was all frayed and stained in some spots.  Enter scissors, staple gun, and a caffeinated me.  I LOVE signs but am cheap, so I just used my printer and the stamping paper from waaaaayyyyyy back when I actually did crafts and voila, a sign.  I did beg Alan to actually hang it though because with my luck, I would've hit drywall and these puppies are a wee bit on the heavy side.  Real wood is you know.


I LOVE it, although there is a part of me that can't quite decide if it's whimsical, in a uber creative, edgy awesome way, or just weird.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Love it even more knowing that it has a bit of your grandmother in it too. What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cute! And, it's really cool that it has your grandma's tablecloth in it.. That makes it extra special :)

    ReplyDelete